Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Hooked on You

>> Friday, April 5, 2013

by Julie Warner - The Write Stuff

Happy Friday!
Spring is here...even if it doesn't really feel spring-like yet. April already and yesterday it was 41 degrees and rainy all day. I think last year we were in the 70's by now. I have a neighbor who goes crazy if he can't ride his riding mower and a day or so ago I hear a noise I hadn't heard since last fall. What is that noise?? Aww...he's out on his mower...too bad there's absolutely nothing to mow! He's out there in his coat and hat and gloves riding around in the 45 degree weather on top of dormant grass. Maybe he should take up fishing!

Now I have no idea if fish come in this color, but they seemed like nice fish possible colors to me. I don't even know what kind of fish this is...trout...maybe? Anyway, after I stamped the Jumping Fish,  I used copics to color everything then die cut the image. I traced around the die on black card stock and hand cut that layer then embossed it. It looked a little lonely in all the white space, so I put it back on top of the original layer it was cut out of and I liked it a lot better. I added a fussy cut fishing pole and stamped the greeting on the 5.50 x 4.25 card front and added a few accents w/ a white gel pen.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

Supplies:
stamps: Fishing Pole, Jumping Fish, Hooked on You Greeting
paper: white, black
ink: Memento tuxedo black
accessories: Spellbinders labels 21, Quickutz embossing folder (Tides set), Copic markers, white gel pen

6 comments:

Janett said...

Julie beautiful card, love the colors on the fish. I have that same neighbor only now that he cant cut the grass he is cutting down all his trees.

Shelia said...

Julie, i love the colors you used on this fish. Great masculine card!!

Jennifer E. said...

Your coloring is stunning! Love the dies too!

Sue said...

Beautiful coloring Julie! I love the die cuts too - the black so makes everything else pop!

I'm loving your neighbor story - too funny. Maybe he can start giving the kids tractor rides!

Anonymous said...

This is a stunning card, Julie.. My dh would love it. The blending of colors is awesome.

Karin said...

Amazing! The fish looks like it's flying right out of the card!

Blog Archive

StatCounter

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP